3/26/10

Soaked!

You feel good while you're running and you feel even better when you're finished.
Fred Lebow, founder of the New York City Marathon

Ok, the weather man predicted showers all day on Monday, but in the morning I expected rain as I heard water outside my window.

So...by the time I finally got out of bed and ready to work...no rain! Perfect! I can still run to work and nothing to it...regular day, regular Monday Morning.

After work, there were signs of rain coming, although it was ok to give it a go. 5 people showed for the group run: J-man, Rocket man, NC, running seal and I. Then when we waited to begin...down came the rain.

Ok, running in the rain sometimes is ok, but by the time we got half way around..it was pouring...and away we go...I was doing my regular tempo type run as I saw the Running Seal and ran with her back to the office...

I was drenched!

Seriously, since I was cold, wet and rained on, I decided...grab my stuff, keep running and go on home in the torrential downpour...but it was good..just keep going, that's all was said in my mind...keep going!

I made it home, wet, cold and rainy...it was alright...could have been worse, but it was all good!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: