6/22/10

Laid Off...

The toughest thing for an employer to do is lay a person off...now, I have been awaiting to get laid off for quite some time now and the thought of having one of the partners come to my desk, have them say, follow me...lead you down a hallway to a conference room or nother office and another partner is waiting for you is never a good sign...

Well...I was put on furlough last year...right around this time, and all I can say is that it's just as hard for an employer as an employee...but, everything went bad last year when it first started...

Well...in any indication, I sort of looked forward to this as last week was more of a nightmare than anything else. I was whole heartedly put through humiliation as I was put to a lower than intern position of helping clean up the library. Granted, I learned from this experience and was humbled, humiliated, but humbled...you learn thought life's problems...

For me, I awaited this for about 3 months where nothing was going right. Pressure surmounted where I had to get everything correct and nothing was even at ease...it was no longer fun, but just a heap of hatred to higher expectations. Egg shells were on my feet and all I could look forward to was my afternoon runs...it was my only escape.

I no longer learned, rather was afraid to ask the wrong questions and do something wrong...it was utter...well...just unexpected.

But that was all about what happened today, just the reality of it all...the fact that it was my 3rd layoff in 5 years? Right? Stability in many ways of architecture? It shows that the occupation is not too stable.

Yes, I can be as savy as other people, I can give it all I can and focus on just architecture, but that was college and I have learned that there is much more to just work in life. So much more rewarding things than just your job. But maybe I am getting it wrong?

In life there is a balance between job and your actual life, you need to make things equal to balance between the two and make things right...you need your own personal life though, but know that your job leads all evils to what makes things work...and that is just the nature of life...

There is many different sayings: " more money, more problems" or money is what drives the soul...but one thing is true...there is a balance of happiness between money and the job you do...the reward for some people is that they absolutely love what they do, but are paid like crap, there are people who are paid a whole lot, but hate what they may do...

It's the balance between it all...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

i am sorry you lost your job... maybe better things await you; good luck!

Clau said...

Sorry Brain :( We will cheer you on Sunday!