7/7/10

Scorcher!

Do the things that you used to do without fear. Take the risk. It's all right to fall down and scab your knees.

Pat Tyson, Head coach of the Gonzaga University track and cross country programs

Well...let's just see...
I have barely had time to write these last couple of days and my life has been changed upside down, right side forward and so on and so forth.

After getting laid off, I enjoyed one or two days of relaxation and then finally hopped back on the bus. Actually, it was my connections that got be back into things so smoothly.

First, I contacted JLB about my lay-off and he suggested that I come work part time for him and his partner. I was delighted to, as the work would be "mindless" first getting use to it and then knowing where things are located. I would be working at the factory, where the heat and outside weather was not so bad (although today was scorching and settling in this subway car is the first time in air conditioning all day long)

I seem to be waking up earlier than my normal job (is it that I am excited to work there? Or just need to get the work done?) As I find myself running to work and then taking the subway home. I thought I had a meeting for my other job today, although that never happened. But oh my gosh! The subways take so long, and in the mist of

So, my second job was from my Team for Kid's job with the NYRR. Although, I am taking a pay cut from being a coach to being a staff member, I was able to get more hours and work for them at every practice. In the end, it's all about using one's connections, who you know and how well you interact with people.

Alzheimer's practice, where running for some in this heat is quite the change. We had a pretty good turnout, but it's really slow and steady...letting people learn and grow as a person through this process.

On the other side of things, I heard from my sister that my grandmother is not doing too well, her kidneys are failing, which includes another set of problems. I finally decided to cancel all of my reservations for the Ohio Burning River 100 miler. I was conscious and cautious of the heat as I trained mid-day to get use to it...the heat was a major factor in which I was scared of. The medical care after losing my job was another, and now that my mother is scared of my antics and with my grandmother not doing well...well, I rather leave that alone.

I had reservations about signing up for the JFK 50 and chose not to sign up. Maybe I am being a little stingent on my money, since I am laid off and want to get as many jobs in as possible.

In any case, I'll probably just stick with some NYRR races like the knickerbocker 60...do another marathon for time at the end of the year like Vegas or something...

_b
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: