8/25/10

Summer gone?

"My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win....Channel your energy. Focus.." - Carl Lewis

Like winter was over into Summer, we never had the spring time season...

And now with this rain that has chilled our lasting days of summer as we ride into the fall season, we wonder if winter is already here?

Ok, 60 degree temperatures don't call for winterous conditions, although it's a nice cool down from the humid summer that we had, which has effected most people's run.

I, on the other hand, never usually race during the summer time and had my chances of running during the month of August...which surprised me with my overall times...

Training has been tough to do because I have been overlooked and overworked...everyday seems like a work day and vacation is never there...but that's the dues you need to pay...

This time of the year, I always knew when I signed up for this gig that it's not the training that I do for my own times, thus my training is translated in the people who sign up for these charity programs to finish what they have started.

There is a difference though from these groups this year...
Although there will always be a difference because each year has a different dynamic and a different characteristic to the group.

With TFK, last years team gelled more, although I feel that this year's team is jellin now and there is more of a resemblance, but in a different way. Each year is going to be different, although I only have last year to compare it to.

With the Run 2 Remember team, I feel a grimace in the face of losing the other coach. We gelled as it was our first times doing this. Yes, I guess I am a softy when it comes down to coaching and that makes me less desirable, but I guess my personality shows more when it comes down to heart.

Overall, the experience has taught me many things this year. The balance, persistence and life of running in which I live for this experience every year. To see all of these people want to experience what I tend to do too much of and for them to go forth and conquer their dreams...

It's an experience where these members admire you as a coach, but you admire them for their hard work, their efforts and their dreams...they are doing something that maybe comes easy for you, but for them it's a reality...and you honor them for it.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: