2/15/11

Wake...

Dreading today...

As I woke up today, it was one of those days where you just wanted to crawl back into bed.
I looked up at the sky wondering if and what my grandmother would be. I envisioned that she is on a journey (almost like scrooge in the night before Christmas) where his spirit visits different places and he sees the events that are going on. This is what I envision what my grandma would be like, visiting the family during the wake which happens this afternoon.

I envision different activities, such as candy, eating oranges, etc...where I would be with my grandmother during her more saner years. She was a kind women, always looking after me because I was the youngest of the grandchildren.
I sometimes feel useless due to the fact that we have yet found a cure for this cause...

I worked at NYRR for the morning session. GW visits me as he explains that this disease is not just for "old age" it applies for the useage of how a person reacts. During the 8 years that my grandmother had the Alzheimer's disease, she could have been with her family. Not like the later stages (about 4 years ago) where she lost her memory oh so slowly.

This is what we are fighting for...and of course the early onset of this disease where some don't even see past the age of 40.

Time will tell...only time will tell...

Till then, the afternoon will be dreary.

At least the sun is shining...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: