4/18/11

Marathon Monday

Going to bed last night, I felt as though I owe this special race to a special someone. I prayed last night to my grandma, thinking only that this year was for her...

As I woke up twice, once at 3:25 am and then waking up at the normal time (4:30 am), I woke up wondering as always...why do I do such crazy things like this? Getting out of the funk, I quickly changed, got ready and did my normal usual thing in the morning of Boston.

Walking out the door, going to 7-11 and then walking that last mile, (before thinking this is my last year with this tradition since SC is getting married and my High School friends will be at the last mile) Times are changing and people are moving up in the world...Taking a picture of the large moon...up the small hill near Fenway, walking next to the CITCO sign, down under the bridge thinking to myself, this never does get old, but you never do realize all of this during the marathon...

Right at Hetherford, looking at the beautiful classic Architecture and then left on Boyleston...what a LONG ways down Boyleston...you never start the sprint before you reach that last stretch and even that it's the last stretch...to the finish line...

Got into the Westin Hotel, met up with the rest of the Alzheimer's Association and sat down in the corner with BN as we just mulled wasting time a bit till the bus leaves...

Then...and only then, does the journey begin...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: