4/11/11

Blistering Weekend...

Guess it is time to tell the stupidity of how smart I am with running...

So, having Boston in my mind, I decided to "get ready" and wear lighter shoes to train in...I know, better late than never right? But seriously I was running the risk of anything!

I decided to take my "flatter" shoes out, still the very light ones, although I knew that when I bought these Brooks shoes, it was a size a little larger and my foot didn't exactly fit perfectly in them...

So?

I set out for a 14 mile run...to the park, 2 loops and then back...not a big deal. I was pretty winded...and knew what I was getting myself into, as I am not really in shape at all...not at the point where I was last year and my goal times are a whole lot less. I have been tired after work...not much motivation to run and really a change in my mentality...

I donno what is wrong with me?

Lately, I haven't been myself. I have been on and off and just full of mixed emotions. I can't seem to find what I really want to do in my life and that is what scares me.

Anyways, back to the running part. I started to run to Central Park, felt fine...then in the middle of my first loop, I started feeling friction against my foot.

The first sign of a no no...

It was such a beautiful day and I had chosen wrongly of what I was going to do...what!

I needed to finish the loop and then take a look at the damage. I decided that if I had a start of a blister, then I would end my run...

I finished the loop, and went off to the side...sat on a bench and took a look...

Uh! A start of a blister. Not good at all!

This is seriously a rookie mistake in running...let alone what I want to pursue a possible impossible task...

Seriously, I had to go back home, instead of finishing that second loop around the park. Dooms day approaches as The Big Boston Marathon comes to nearing in and my mind settles and sorts things out to what time I am aiming for...

3:05 do able? We shall see, with only a few more days to practice at a pace that seems daunting for 26.2 miles.

Time will only tell...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: