8/30/11

SONY - 20 sentences or less

Why do you run in 20 sentences or less...

1) I started running in high school as a sprinter and grown to being an ultra marathon runner.

2) I followed in my sister’s footsteps in running my first marathon, as it was her goal to run all 50 marathons in all 50 states.

3) She has given up, but I have not and one day, I will succeed.

4) My sister and I meet up each year in one state, one city in the country to run a marathon “together” (we have ran thus far: The Marine Corps, Outer Banks, Chicago, Hawaii and Big Sur Marathons – Big Sur was the first time we actually ran together for the entire way.

5) I run to hear the wind blow between my ears, to feel free and find my body relaxing in the environment around me.

6) I run to coach two different charity groups: The Alzheimer’s Associaiton and New York Road Runners: Team for Kids.

7) I coach and inspire teachers to be coaches as they inspire students to run track and field and cross country and inspire our youth to develop running into their lives.

8) My running mantra: As a runner, you learn something new every single day.

9) Every runner is different; every person’s body is unique. From beginner to expert, one learns and matures throughout the long process of training for a marathon.

10) A person goes through a life-changing experience while enduring a marathon, from the extreme highs — to the extreme lows.

11) But, in the end, a runner should enjoy the experience and take great pride in his or her transformation, and how they accomplished the unthinkable.

12) I currently run for 6 different running teams: The New York Flyers (local team) Powered By Dim Sum (A fun NY Team), Team for Kids (NY Charity Team), The Alzheimer’s Association – Run to Remember (NY Charity Team), Brooks Inspired Daily Program (Sponsored Team) and now, SONY (as a sponsor team)

13) I run for a greater meaning in my heart and soul, which is highly connected to my grandmother who recently passed away from the Alzheimer’s Disease.

14) I co-founded an official charity team for the NYC marathon 2 years ago, which raised more than ½ a million dollars for the alzheimer’s disease to coach about 140 runners (both beginners and advanced runners – more so beginners)

15) I recently completed my first 100 mile ultra marathon in 17 hours 51 minutes and 37 seconds to just complete the race, but ended up getting 1st place thinking I was in 3rd place overall.

16) What helped in the later stages of the race was the tunes and sing along in the darkness from my Sony Walkman.

No comments: