12/29/12

Resolutions...

Funny how things turn out in your life. Life is all about it's up's and down moments. It's careful twist and turns and multiple jungernuts that are thrown at you from multiple distances. Many people can fall into deep holes, while others can swerve to avoid them...
For me...the past two years of my life has been tough...

I left my college dream of training and being an architect (of 5 years out of school) to look for more rewarding work. Coaching, at the time, had given me the runners high I needed as I was put on furlough (at the time, half the architects in New York City have been laid off) and working 4 of the 5 days was not too bad. Until, I got put on the chopping block for 3 months.
During this time, it might have worked out to being a blessing in disguise or just pure downhill from there...but I'll go with the blessing in disguise...

Given a little history, I had well been on my in running marathons and my concentration at work had been "tardy" (to my employers, but seriously, I work hard!). I had been running different marathons and fundraising the Alzheimer's Association running programs for both the Chicago and Boston Chapters and have been part of the Junior Committee with the NYC chapter for my 3rd year as we had tried to put our charity name into the hat to be an official charity for the NYC marathon)...it was our 3rd year and we were giving up hope...but just as I was laid off, we became an official charity and I had other work to do...

Let's just say that I became lucky (or unlucky) that this was taking my time in what I had thought was going to help my career.

In short, I became very lucky in taking on a coaching class and became RCAA certified to become a marathon coach at the time where we became an official charity and long and behold, I became a co-founder in starting up an official charity group for the NYC marathon.

Boom! Five years later...

I no longer am an architect...

I no longer work at a factory for Out of Print Clothing...

I no longer am a coaching consultant for the NYRR Youth Department...

But,

I still am a coach for the NYRR Team for Kids...5 years and running...
I still am a coach for the Alzheimers Association...
I still work for the NYRR...although I play a more intricate roll in the company now...as an Assistant Manager for the Creative Department...which, with my background is pretty versatile in the amount of knowledge that I carry from my multiple jobs that I have done in the past.

Although, let's be serious now and say that I'll be back in writing more blog posts and be sure to say that the new 2013 will bring more prosperity than ever before...

Because I clearly would like to say good radiance to the past 2 years and am looking forward to a year where I can finally focus on me...and getting better, healthier, happier, and doing more to better myself and those around me.

I know this may sound strange, but yes...I have been down and out, I know what it feels like to be down in the dumps and I know that this recession really doesn't help, I have been there before and can honestly say to those who currently are without jobs that hopefully one is waiting for you around the corner...do not loose faith and do not give in...keep trucking, go at it as hopefully by reading this, you will gain hope!

HOPE is a strong word...as many of us still hold on to the dreams that diverse around this 4 letter word.

One can only dream...

as the word of true happiness...and am getting ever so close to the tranquil feeling of that security...and gaining what I once had.

Someone once asked me (yes, you know who you are), what I wanted in life.

My answer:
Happiness...

A simple, yet hard, answer.

Why?

Well...I'll answer that tomorrow.
























No comments: