1/12/13

A hole in the sidewalk...

So, I woke up to NPR (yes, I am old, but this is where I mainly get my information of worldly events - that or facebook...I know, it's bad and I need to get onto cnn daily or something)

But yes, so I woke up to an NPR story on a person going through the sidewalk while waiting for the bus stop at 60th and 2nd avenue...

What intrigued me was more was the fact of the location, rather than the actual act of the person going through the sidewalk...which to anyone would be completely opposite.

This was right near where I lived...I pass that every time I run!

So, what happened was that on Friday it was raining...maybe a bit too much and I guess it got loose...

But seriously a person going through a sidewalk! Come on...seriously, it is kind of crazy and she didn't just fall 3 feet or something, she fell like 6-10 feet down.

That is kind of scary! No? I mean she said she was under an awning, and she said all of a sudden!

Boom!

She was down and out underneath the ground...

I couldn't help myself, but I had to see it for my own eyes...

And here it is!

1 comment:

Injury Lawyer NYC said...

According to reports the woman had just stepped backwards to take shelter the rain under an awning when the four foot by six foot slab of concrete gave way. Inspectors with the Department of Buildings determined that defective steel doors and a loose staircase were responsible for the sidewalk collapse. There is some stir about her weight. Assumptions of her weight causing the collapse are possibly poorly misguided.