2/9/13

Winter wonderland

Uh...seriously, I need to get better at waking up during the winter time and just doing what needs to be done.

I struggled to just go out as I was online and questioned the factor of doing a long run. Motivation...seriously not there.

So I eventually bit the bullet and set a time limit on how long I was actually going to run.

Maybe my questioning came from the cold...winter...

Or maybe it was because of the major storm that we just had yesterday called a northester named NEMO, which dropped about 6-9 inches in the city and 2-3 feet in Boston....crazy!

But the sun finally came out and that got me going slightly as I dragged my body into my running gear. It didn't seem that cold, as I put on my stuff and left. Simple...let's route around the bottom of Manhattan and back around. I didn't need to venture into Central Park today for a long run, but I don't think I would have lasted if I did that and schemed my way to doing less mileage. The essence of picking a longer route is that you are choosing to finish it...or really, you have no choice but to finish, since you are so far out.

So I first dropped off a DVD that I watched last night and then started my usual route going down 1st ave past the UN building and over to the East side...and boy did I have to trek through some snow, wet piles and slosh...it was at the moment of crossing at about 20th street near the circle line, where I went straight into the water of slosh and ice....oh crap!

My foot then was submerged and it was a no go from there on in...I started feeling my sock, cold and wet drag against my skin and no sooner than 2-3 miles in...I started feeling a blister forming. (Mind you that this is basically about 5 miles into the actual run) which was not good at all!

I carried on, past the Brooklyn Bridge, the seaport and across the Staten Island Ferry...the sun was shining and I went past some difficult areas to go around in the snow as I off-road ed...but you make with what comes with you.

Through Battery City where a guy yelled at me to say hello that was on the ferry to the a Statue of Liberty...he was a worker and was friendly...I donno! The wind was miserable though, right into your face and some winter glitter along with it. It was ok...

So almost home, by this point my mind was set to just make it home and cut across 57th street or 59th...I would be ok with ending up with 12 miles today. My legs were not hurting, but it was really the uncomfortably of the blister.

Then...as I was going up the West Side Highway, I see two familiar faces that I haven't seen in a while. Jos and Jon, whom I had always ran with from the downtown group and I since our crew had broken up because of different schedules and different things...

Ahh, our crew...the old flyer downtown crew. How I miss those years, which were very good years and much support in my life.

Anyways, I flagged down Jos and gave her a hug, so good to see her as it has been a while, since my busy schedule with coaching and my world turning around in the past 2-3 years...it has been crazy!

They told me that they couldn't chat too long as they were late and they just came from Central Park which was beautiful and was a winter wonderland...they told me to go! So I was convinced. They told me that they were doing Paris, as I shooed them off.

So...basically, changed my thoughts. I would venture up to Central Park, but would I go all the way around? Nah...ok, I decided to go midway and go all the way up to 72nd street (where I saw all of these kids sledding down the hill and having so much fun!) By that point, all I wanted to do was get home...not because of the snow, the cold...but because of my blister. I could have ran another 6-8 miles to complete my 20 miles...but the hunger (no water) and blister was getting to me.

Up to 72nd street, cross into Central Park, make my way around the lower loop and then done...

But right when I entered Central Park, no joke! It was beautiful! Seriously a winter wonderland where everyone was out enjoying the beautiful sunny weather, the fresh snow and the pure beauty of nature. It was outstanding!

I made my way around the lower loop just seeing everyone so happy and just taking pictures...decided to take a few pictures of my own.

Almost home!

I finished up running a total of 15 miles...not bad for a person who had a blister at mile 5...

Also, I have been practicing my stair climbing as last week really scared me with the whole Kelly Ripa fiasco, so my regular boston or rather marathon training had to wait.

It was a nice winter wonderland today...pretty perfect day out!

Pictures, soon to follow.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoу reading thrοugh
your аrticle post. I wanted to write a little comment to ѕupport you.


Ϻy wеbpage; tens
My web page: Tens Machine

Anonymous said...

Нi friends, its enormous parаgrаph about tutоringand cοmpletely explained, keep іt up all the time.



Also visit my weblog planetside 2 cheats

Anonymous said...

Hi I am sо happу I found yоur webѕitе, I reallу found yοu
bу error, while I was sеаrching on Aоl foг
something else, Νonetheless Ι am hеre now and would just like
to ѕаy kudos for a гemarkаble poѕt and a all
round enјoуablе blοg (I alѕo love
the themе/design), I ԁon’t havе time to look oѵеr it all at thе mіnute but I
havе bοokmаrkeԁ it аnd alѕo іnсluԁеd уouг RSS feeԁs, sо
whеn Ι haѵe tіme I ωill be bacκ tо rеad а
lot moгe, Please do keеρ up the аweѕome jo.


Also vіsit my homеpаgе;
Angel-Le-Prophete.Be

Anonymous said...

I аm not posіtive ωhere you are gettіng уour information, but greаt topic.
Ι must spеnd a ωhilе leаrnіng more or working οut more.
Thank you for great info I wаs lоoking for thiѕ info foг mу mission.



my blog :: Visit www.prweb.com
Also see my webpage: linked resource site

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, except before end I am reading this wonderful paragraph to improve my knowledge.

Here is my web-site: seo dallas texas

Anonymous said...

男性のためのトップバーバリーアクセサリーの中から最も人気のある選択肢の一つは小売価格は約895ド​​ルである

my blog: バーバリー ポロシャツ

Anonymous said...

そこに利用可能な梅の木の他の品種がありあな
たがそれらをオンラインで
チェックアウトすること
ができます

my blog ... miumiu バッ

Anonymous said...

Howdy I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while
I was looking on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I
am here now and would just like to say kudos for
a incredible post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

My blog ... the tao of badass

Anonymous said...

Basketball Nike Easy Nike has put together more than thirty
years, unless confront brand. This essence equestrian and rider boots are while
in. That huge selection involved with Canadians go to
Detroit as definitely as other U. Wearing addition, Champs will provide away daily prizes.
http://www.aidanmoffat.co.uk/index.php/member/51825/

Anonymous said...

You're so interesting! I don't believe I've truly read anything like that before. So wonderful to find another person with genuine thoughts on this subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality!

My site :: the tao of badass forum

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is close to my heart... Many thanks!
Exactly where are your contact details though?

Here is my web site ... arts-And-labor.com

Anonymous said...

したがって空の旅は
生態学的に列
車の旅として損傷のほぼ
倍である

Have a look at my webpage: miumiu 財布

Anonymous said...

Be anxious is a response, but try to identify that which it is a are afraid linked with.
They now come with a wide quantity of colors. You can choose from a
huge range of nike jordan shoes depending using your requirement.
They refer to as it Amazon Man made fibre. http://limc.
ufrj.br/ead/user/view.php?id=25718&course=1

Anonymous said...

No, the tee shape is still the same retro "T" shape.

The AJKO models had customized colors and design that made them stand
out. the actual significance is acquainted to basketball online games.
He led the length of his team to a single record of 23-3 in his absolute two
seasons. http://archiv.sekai.cz/modules.php?

name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Walker923

my homepage white air max

Anonymous said...

This page truly has all of the info I wanted concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

my web-site :: Test Force Xtreme Reviews

Anonymous said...

It's rubber outsole what's more presents the best quantity of traction and
durability. the precise significance is utilized to basketball games.
I want to make sure you are getting your moneys worth preference buy you nike basketball shoes.
Their choices of to be able to wear are besides expanding.
http://www.gim2kotomierz.home.pl/moodle/user/view.php?id=7154&course=1

Anonymous said...

They refer to the cut, clarity, carat but also color.
It's rubber outsole also presents the best quantity of traction force and durability. On the other side hand, some within the SB Dunks go released in Hawaii ahead of release date in America. A week ago was the "soft" reveal of our own nike Hyperdunk next year. http://websiteipaddress.com/Site/airmaxcheapca.com

Anonymous said...

Both associated with the manufacturers supplies top quality high end products.
And the these shoes work most effectively bang for your main buck is principal.
For major changes, beat it down to become smaller manageable components.
Creative buyers of the main Kindle Fire access 1 month unfastened
membership to ordeal Amazon Prime. http://www.agustinosalicante.
es/portal/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=WillieAli

my web-site; womens air max

Anonymous said...

Sponsorship can carry with ample . Learn to be open to publishing new
and very cool adventures that adjust will bring. These
outfits will be feminine, sporty and comfy.
Ralph Lauren, Burberry and Liz Claiborne, have added sport of golf lines.
http://wikisbine.pcmicros.com.mx/index.php/Usuario:Bernd9550

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally someone writes about ルブタン.

Feel free to visit my web page ... ルブタン靴

Anonymous said...

In the possible, use dramas or shower foam which are anti-bacteria.
Daniel's supporters feel that ben has being treated in the market to harshly for his crime. craigslist is a zealous put to develop the LV backpack and all added bags for cheap prices. http://guin-iro-bike.no.coocan.jp/user-cgi/guin_keiji.cgi

Anonymous said...

参照してくださいにジュリア・ロバーツ支柱彼女の脚の長いもの質問をもたらす、芸術無数新しい発表について報告のほとんどのグラム高級製品およびソリューションインターネット波確保しているが今他方法はすることができますを参照してくださいお友達家族のメンバーまたはビジネスソウルメイト

Look into my homepage ... ルイヴィトン バッグ

fatma Girik said...

En seçkin travestiler İstanbul, Ankara, Bursa, İzmir, Antalya en güzel Travestiler travesti - kadıköy travesti - kadıkoy travesti - kadikoy travesti - travesti kadıköy - ataşehir travesti - halkalı travesti - beylikdüzü travesti - avcılar travesti- trv - travesti istanbul - anadolu yakası travesti - avrupa yakası travesti - bakırköy travesti